Hello from Pittsburgh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Annie Shaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Been lurking on the scuba board for a few weeks now. I've learned quite a bit so far. Love reading the forums. Got the scuba bug in 2018 when I did my first dive in Cozumel. My husband and I decided to get OW certified last year in preparation for a cruise that never happened. Now we are heading to Cozumel again in July, yay! So far we've invested in BCD (scuba pro hydros) and a shearwater teric. Sadly I haven't been able to use them yet but I am hoping to get in the water in the next week or so. Not near the ocean so we are pretty much stuck with the quarries. Not a fan of cold water. I think we are going to Gilboa at the end of June.

Looking forward to a future with lots of diving. Preferably in warm tropical places. I would say I'm excited and scared. Worried about forgetting stuff, proper weighting etc. I'm a worrier. But these forums really help.

Hi Annie!

I have recently gotten back into scuba after taking a few years off. I have also been mostly lurking the forums and learning the last few weeks. I actually have fantastic cold water diving very close by, but only dive in warm water.

It probably isn’t worth worrying much. Make a list of needed things and check it. As far as weighting, my experience is that dive masters are usually experts and very helpful in getting you trimmed just right.

I’ll be in Cozumel the last week of July with my son and his mother. They are just getting certified and will be completing the dives there.

Neil

Welcome, Annie!

Another Yinzer from the 'Burgh! Not counting last year, I've been going to Cozumel for about 8 yrs now

I'm in Canonsburg.

Keith

Definitely not tropical, but have you been to Crusty’s about an hour north of Pittsburgh?

Definitely not tropical, but have you been to Crusty’s about an hour north of Pittsburgh?

I haven't been there yet but I was hoping to make it there very soon. I am waiting on some apparel that I ordered and it is taking forever to come in due to covid I guess.

I'm also in Canonsburg and will be at Crusty's next week teaching a sidemount class. Just an FYI, it's still a little chilly in the quarries locally. I'd recommend a 5 mil at a minimum and stay above the thermocline. 7mm or drysuit for going below that. Hood is a must. Not just for the chill but to keep the bluegills from nipping at your ears.

Howdy and Welcome to SB from Texas!!! Dive right in the water's fine!!

I'm also in Canonsburg and will be at Crusty's next week teaching a sidemount class. Just an FYI, it's still a little chilly in the quarries locally. I'd recommend a 5 mil at a minimum and stay above the thermocline. 7mm or drysuit for going below that. Hood is a must. Not just for the chill but to keep the bluegills from nipping at your ears.

Yep. Last week was mid 50’s and 20’ viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom