Hello from Oregon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcxd45

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm John...a new OW diver.
I got my OW cert in Cabo, it was incredible and I plan to continue on.
Have been picking up used gear on Craigslist, probably won't be my final gear but I'd like to get enough that I can start diving on a budget for now (rentals are very expensive).
I should have most everything by the middle of next month (BCD, Regs, Fins, Computer, Drysuit, etc.)
My current plan is to try to find some dive buddies and spend some time in one of the easier bays to dive and just practice the skills that I learned in OW.
My problem is this, most of the local divers hunt and won't take a beginner (I don't dis.
I'm looking for someone else around my experience level that wouldn't mind spending a dive or two just working on our basic skills and not really worrying about sightseeing or hunting.
Talking to the local dive shops...they suggest going straight into AOW.
My self assessment and past experience tell me that I should practice and master the new skills that I have learned before moving on to new skills.
Any suggestions from the experienced divers?
Thanks
John

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Have FUN diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom