Hello from North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jairman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Just finished my AOW and nitrox cert last weekend.

I'm in the Raleigh area and have been diving into Mystery Lake / Fantasy Lake almost every weekend. I'm always looking for new buddies and places to dive. My ultimate goal is to get into technical cave diving and I start cavern later this year.

If you're in the area and need a buddy I'm free most weekends.

Also in search of LP95s

Congrats on your certifications, and welcome to Scubaboard. I'm in Greensboro, and may hit you up for a dive or two soon--it's a bit chilly in the quarries for me at the moment. Fantasy Lake is going for the gold with the establishment to the Wibit float park. Hope it doesn't hamper the diving, or the laid back vibe of the place.

With which shop did you certify, if I may ask? I'm looking to do my AOW and Nitrox in May or June, and have thought about Carolina Dive Center, but may go closer.

Barry

Congrats on your certifications, and welcome to Scubaboard. I'm in Greensboro, and may hit you up for a dive or two soon--it's a bit chilly in the quarries for me at the moment. Fantasy Lake is going for the gold with the establishment to the Wibit float park. Hope it doesn't hamper the diving, or the laid back vibe of the place.

With which shop did you certify, if I may ask? I'm looking to do my AOW and Nitrox in May or June, and have thought about Carolina Dive Center, but may go closer.

Barry
It definitely is chilly, still dry suit season or at the very least a 7mm!

I was certified by a private instructor through advanced diving concepts. I would highly recommend them

Welcome, fellow North Carolinian. I highly endorse @drrich2 's suggestion for diving the wrecks of NC. There is great diving out of Wilmington as well as from the Morehead City/Beaufort area. Can't go wrong from either place. One of my favorites is the Hyde out of Wilmington. Nice wreck and have seen several Sand Tigers there every time I've dived it along with lots of other sea life.

Back
Top Bottom