Hello from NorCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panpangato

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings fellow divers. I got my OW and AOW in the Philippines and prefer warm waters but my buddy has been pressuring me to do some cold dives. As much as I would love to explore the underwaters of NorCal I think I would need to get drysuit certified for that...Anyhow happy to become part of this community and looking forward to sharing information with ya’ll :)

Welcome to SB! and maybe to some cold water diving! Yay!
Dive safe,
Chip

Welcome! Depends on what you think of as Northern. There's the population version, where the Bay Area and Monterey are "northern", and the latitude version, which is less common. If you're talking Monterey, I think the more experienced divers almost all use drysuits, but it's definitely the minority overall. I have an 8/7 semi-dry and it gets really chilly if I'm not swimming more or less continuously. There's a lot of people here from Northern California, whichever definition you use.

Greetings fellow divers. I got my OW and AOW in the Philippines and prefer warm waters but my buddy has been pressuring me to do some cold dives. As much as I would love to explore the underwaters of NorCal I think I would need to get drysuit certified for that...Anyhow happy to become part of this community and looking forward to sharing information with ya’ll :)
Welcome to ScubaBoard and congratulations on getting certified. Now the fun starts.

7CFFAED5-17F6-4C66-AB71-456DBC908F5C.jpeg
Welcome to the SB.

I fear that I’m what is referred to in the industry as a “candy ass diver”: I tend to shun any water below ca. 75F.

Nonetheless, if you’ve got the right gear, Monterey diving is quite spectacular.

And if you do venture there, be sure to stop by Backscatter, the best UW photography shop in the Western Hemisphere (That oughta wake up a few souls!).

Joe

Back
Top Bottom