Hello from new member and a Computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephanos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

Happy new dive year to you all. I'm new here, but I've been diving for about 10 years now. I am a CMAS two star diver and I live in Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean.

I currently have a Suunto Stinger, and I am very happy with it, but I'm thinking of buying something with air integration. I am torn between the Suunto D6i which I can get with 880 euros, and the Oceanic Atom 3.0 which is 1000 euros. The catch is that Oceanic gives 40% discount if I give them my Stinger back (it's their 40th anniversary or something). On one hand I'd like to stick with Suunto since I know their build quality etc, on the other hand I'm thinking of the price difference which is close to 300 euros. Is the Atom of as high quality as the D6i or should I stay away? Also the D6i looks much better:cool2:

Anyone had experience with any or both of these computers?

Stephanos

Go with the D6I the oceanic battery does not hold up they use a 2430 battery and they have had problem which my have been cleared up or nobody is using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom