Hello from Mumbai!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karve

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey there,
Beginner with 26 dives. Certified in September 2017. Looking forward to some good discussions here.
Cheers!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa...happy diving.

Hey there,
Beginner with 26 dives. Certified in September 2017. Looking forward to some good discussions here.
Cheers!
Welcome Karve,

What is the diving like on the west coast? I have been through Mumbai on the way to Gujarat a few times in the last couple years and was curious but never got a chance to find out.

Welcome Karve,

What is the diving like on the west coast? I have been through Mumbai on the way to Gujarat a few times in the last couple years and was curious but never got a chance to find out.

Hi,
Unless you count commercial and military operations, diving is non-existent in Mumbai. However, I would recommend you to check out the diving at Netrani, Pigeon Island (in Karwar, India). Clear waters and and abundance of practice torpedoes exist in the area (Island used for target practice by the navy). Diving in Gujurat should pickup soon considering that expeditions are on to discover underwater temples of historical significance near Dwarka.

On the east coast, Pondicherry has some decent diving. The best diving in India can be found either in the Andamans or the Lakshwadeep Islands. Hope this helps.
Cheers!

In 24 dives I only found one torpedo over there, and there is one artillery shell lying on the rockface above the cave.
For a diver that travels S.E Asia, its not worth the trouble to go there just for diving. But if you are a beach bum idling in Goa, its the only place nearby thats worth any diving. You can see most of the fish you'd see in Thailand around this one Island but thats about it - no surface fun or things to do above the water.

Welcome to the hobby. Be prepared to spend $$$ else you going nowhere... :D

Cheers
AF1QipPgp_gKSNV-T3DL6H-HFQpGFtk5JVyxYixmdTwh

Welcome to SB. Lots of good people hang out here where you can learn.
Dive Safe and enjoy yourself.
Tell us about diving in India.

Hey there,
Cheers!
Hey there,
Cheers!
Hi
I am trying to line up a trip to Dwarka to dive the sunken temple
Do you have any info on this
So far my web searches have not been fruitful
Regards
Sudhakar

In 24 dives I only found one torpedo over there, and there is one artillery shell lying on the rockface above the cave.
For a diver that travels S.E Asia, its not worth the trouble to go there just for diving. But if you are a beach bum idling in Goa, its the only place nearby thats worth any diving. You can see most of the fish you'd see in Thailand around this one Island but thats about it - no surface fun or things to do above the water.

Welcome to the hobby. Be prepared to spend $$$ else you going nowhere... :D

Chee
Hi
I am trying to line up a trip to Dwarka to dive the sunken temple
Do you have any info on this
So far my web searches have not been fruitful
Regards
Sudhakar

There is also a sunken temple in Bhopal lake. It belongs to Rani Kamlapati. Not sure the condition or if it is diveable but I believe that portions of this are submerged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom