Hello from Missouri 🇺🇸

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dive whenever we get the chance but living in Missouri there’s not a lot of ocean diving.
Mostly diveing lakes and quarries.
5B95D5DF-FAD5-4253-BDAC-5162B85384E4.jpeg

We dive whenever we get the chance but living in Missouri there’s not a lot of ocean diving.
Mostly diveing lakes and quarries.

Like you - I'm land locked in the middle of the country. Unlike you however, I do not brave to dive in the cold murky options here -- instead I find excuses to go south and be in the warmth :cool:🌴

Like you - I'm land locked in the middle of the country. Unlike you however, I do not brave to dive in the cold murky options here -- instead I find excuses to go south and be in the warmth :cool:🌴

And that means you get how many dives a year? Local divers usually dive more often and have kept diving through the plague.

And that means you get how many dives a year? Local divers usually dive more often and have kept diving through the plague.
Very true -- I only get 30 to 50 dives per year and all concentrated in just a couple of trips. We completely missed 2020 for diving but got back in the water in 2021.

It keeps me motivated to move somewhere warm where I can dive year round :)

I see you are Great Lake based - How's the diving there?

Diving the Great Lakes is excellent. Well preserved wooden wrecks from the 19th century-early 20th century. The oldest wreck I’ve dived sank in the Straits of Mackinac in 1856, I believe. Look up the Sandusky on YT. A lovely dive.

I dive year round at a variety of sites in the region.

But if you don’t like cold…temps are often 39ish at depth. :D

Hello and Welcome. Have y’all dove the Bonne Terre Mine? Looks kinda neat and Cousteau visited this old lead mine back in the day. It’s on my “dive to do list” when nearby.

Diving the Great Lakes is excellent. Well preserved wooden wrecks from the 19th century-early 20th century. The oldest wreck I’ve dived sank in the Straits of Mackinac in 1856, I believe. Look up the Sandusky on YT. A lovely dive.

I dive year round at a variety of sites in the region.

But if you don’t like cold…temps are often 39ish at depth. :D
The Great Lakes is definitely on my bucket list 👌

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom