Hello from middle Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunken sailor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been diving for about five years. I volunteer at the Tennessee Aquarium and I had kinda gotten in a rut and that’s all I was doing. I’m now planning dives anywhere I can. If anyone is in the area and would like to dive just let me know.
Thanks

Well, you have reached the right place for that. Check out the regional forums to connect with local divers!

Wow. I've visited the Tennessee Aquarium at Chattanooga several times over the years; it'd be a blast to dive in the Lake Nickajack tank! One of my favorite exhibits there. Is the big female soft-shell turtle still living in the tank?

I imagine the Flower Garden Banks tank in the Ocean Journeys building would also be neat; I've dove with sand tiger sharks in the wild, but not sandbar sharks.

Richard.

Welcome to the forum! I'm in east Tennessee, and do an occasional quarry dive and try to get to the Caribbean as often as I can. On that topic, new-to-me airline Viva Aerobus has some pretty good deals out of Nashville to Cancun now -- flew with them a couple of weeks ago and then did the bag drag to Cozumel. Good experience -- nice, new plane, big snacks (8 packs of chocolate chip cookies) and right on time both ways. While they are a small operation in Nashville, in Cancun they have 20 counters so the ticketing line moves pretty quickly. Only downside was that the seats did not recline (but I slept anyhow).

Welcome to Scubaboard!
I love your nickname, sunken sailor!

Welcome!!

When I get down that way, I will hit you up. If you plan a missouri or Northern Arkansas trip, let me know.

DW

Welcome!!

When I get down that way, I will hit you up. If you plan a missouri or Northern Arkansas trip, let me know.

DW
Planning to go to Bonne Terre in August. Do you have any good sites in north AR? Used to live in Bella Vista.

Beaver Lake is a great spot. There are a number of good spots.

DW

Back
Top Bottom