Hello from Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MIdivermb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I started diving about 5 years ago but got off to a bit of a slow start (approx 65 dives AOW and EANx certs), due to COVID travel restrictions and limited time for vacations. So far we've yet to dip ourselves into Michigan waters, preferring the warm 82 degree waters in much of the Caribbean and Southern Atlantic. We're closing in on retirement age and are open to joining group trips that are still looking for a couple relatively new divers to fill up the trip. Of course, please share your favorite dive locations and any extra special dive operators. Nice to meet you all virtually!

Welcome! A lot of people prefer those warm oceanic waters! You'll find a number of organized dive trip options; odds are a number of local dive shops and/or clubs in your area do them, but there are plenty abroad that you can join.

Once you get a few under your belt, you may feel comfortable planning out some of your own. That's how I got started; 4 trips to Bonaire with Parrot Island Divers out of Nashville, TN, then started planning my own trips for versatility (e.g.: scheduling, where I wanted to stay, who to dive with, etc...). I use a dive travel agent when there's heavy lifting' (e.g.: complex trip planning, particularly farther abroad), but for a Caribbean or Florida trip, I tend to book myself.

If you fill out more of your profile, it may help others see what destination you've been to, to better understand your perceptive on things. Where have you been diving so far?

Back
Top Bottom