Hello from Marietta, Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloud9er

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all! What a great idea, this community. Wish I had found it sooner.

My scuba adventures go back to 1991, with my PADI open water certification in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. (talk about interesting stuff there!). I took an unintentional break between 2003 and 2010. I've been lucky enough to be able to travel a bit, and am planning some trips this year.

My first trip this year is to Roatan, Honduras. I'll be there at the end of April, beginning of May and am looking for a dive buddy. I'll be staying in West Bay, not that it matters all that much.

JFYI, I am not the world's most adventurous diver. Not looking to go to umplumbed depths, or cave diving or anything like that..I guess you could call me a drifter.

I am very interested in seeing the Whale Sharks in Roatan or Utilla, though. It would be towards the end of the migration period for the whale sharks.

If interested, shoot me a line.

Cheers all!

Welcome to Scuba board! We are lucky here in Georgia to be within driving distance of Florida diving though it is a long trip...

Welcome to Scuba board! We are lucky here in Georgia to be within driving distance of Florida diving though it is a long trip...
I know, right? Not sure why I haven't taken advantage of the drive dive trips...there are many! Let me know when you go to Florida next. maybe I can tag along..Thanks for the welcome :)

Welcome, from Augusta. GA is a great spot for diving, especially being so close to FL as has been previously mentioned. I know its not on your current to-do list, but if you eventually take an interest in going down the GUE route (highly recommended for any diver, apparently), maybe we can partner up for classes.

Welcome. Is the Big Chicken still in operation?

-Z

Welcome. I'm about 30 miles to the west of you. I would love to join you but I already have two vacations booked this spring. Only one of the two has some diving involved (bummer for me)., So I will be looking to go later this summer and fall.

Welcome. I'm about 30 miles to the west of you. I would love to join you but I already have two vacations booked this spring. Only one of the two has some diving involved (bummer for me)., So I will be looking to go later this summer and fall.
That's cool. thanks for replying..I am looking at Cayman Island in August, just fyi..cheers for now!

Welcome. Is the Big Chicken still in operation?

-Z
The Big Chicken IS still in operation, and completely renovated. When I first moved to Marietta, when told of the Big Chicken, I thought it would be a large sculpture or something..ummm, not so much. But the Chic is pretty well known. lol. Too funny.

The Big Chicken IS still in operation, and completely renovated. When I first moved to Marietta, when told of the Big Chicken, I thought it would be a large sculpture or something..ummm, not so much. But the Chic is pretty well known. lol. Too funny.

I was stationed at a small navy training base in Athens for a bit and had a friend who lived in Marietta. The big chicken is one of those lesser known iconic places.

-Z

That's cool. thanks for replying..I am looking at Cayman Island in August, just fyi..cheers for now!

I prefer Cozumel over Cayman for the diving, but I have only done one trip to Grand Cayman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom