Hello from Los Angeles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

venbox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello folks! New diver here, I've been lurking on the forums for a few months absorbing knowledge whilst diving into this new hobby and figured it's time to say hello.

I did my first few dives spontaneously whilst visiting Okinawa in May -- saw Mantas and fell in love! Started the OW course there and finished it up at home in LA a few weeks later. Since then I have dived Catalina, Anacapa, and last week in Formentera / Ibiza whilst on summer holidays.

Been keeping my eye out for some solid used gear and got hold of an OMS backplate / wing, Atomic B2 reg set with SS1, and Faber steel tank for a good price. Will be picking them up after servicing when back home, hopefully all now in great working order.

Also got a Suunto Ocean which I'm loving -- started with a Shearwater Teric which was awesome but I decided to change for something with broader applicability; really enjoying the freedive and sports modes and the underwater route recording is pretty sweet. Have an insta360 Ace Pro with dive case too which has been fun to play with (though the import process and timestamp mangling is :eek:)

Learned a ton thanks to everyone's discussions here, I have a tendency to fall down rabbit holes around new hobbies with both research and gear so very happy to discover diving has plenty of opportunities for that :D

Next up Nitrox cert, some beach / night dives and then I assume on to Advanced OW..

Glad to be here!

[Jellyfish from Formentera.. not the same one that stung my wife but looked similar -- that hurt!!]
IMG_3477.jpg

Welcome (not that you're new) to ScubaBoard. Glad to hear you've gotten some diverse diving experiences. My one trip to California to dive was years ago; I'm not up on which boats are doing what. I recall the Peace was highly reputable; are you open to multi-day liveaboard trips (assuming those are still on offer)? My trip was a 5-day southern Channel Islands trip (we visited 3 of the 4 southern and 1 northern, but why split hairs). Good times!

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom