Hello from Kentucky!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordan Hardin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am from Ky, still a lot to learn about a diver but hav devoted all of my free time to be coming a better diver hopefully reaching my end goal as an instructor! I have turned to these forums many times so I thought it best to join and get the full experience!!!

Hi:

Where at in KY? I'm in Hopkinsville, in the southwestern part, and we've got Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort (with an onsite dive shop), a nice quarry where a lot of dive training takes place. You've likely heard of it and dove there, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

If you haven't run across them yet, there's a Facebook group called the Kentucky Piranha Patrol (Bluegill are the 'piranha' in question, from what I understand). Again, you may already know them. I don't post on the page much, but once in a awhile.

Clarksville, TN and Nashville both have scuba shops & interest; Clarksville has Water Dogs and My Dive Time.

Richard.

Hi:

Where at in KY? I'm in Hopkinsville, in the southwestern part, and we've got Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort (with an onsite dive shop), a nice quarry where a lot of dive training takes place. You've likely heard of it and dove there, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

If you haven't run across them yet, there's a Facebook group called the Kentucky Piranha Patrol (Bluegill are the 'piranha' in question, from what I understand). Again, you may already know them. I don't post on the page much, but once in a awhile.

Clarksville, TN and Nashville both have scuba shops & interest; Clarksville has Water Dogs and My Dive Time.

Richard.
We dive out of the louisvill dive center and make frequent trips to pennyroyal!
And we have a small quarry called Joes we hang out and camp on weekends!

Welcome to Scubaboard there is a lot of great advice here.

But beware there is a few pieces of info here that are worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Welcome to Scubaboard, Jordan! Is Joe's the La Grange quarry? I've been wanting to go and check that place out

Hi Jordan! Welcome! I am also in KY (Owensboro area). During the summers, I pretty much live down at Pennyroyal, during the weekends, diving & teaching. Come look me up when you make your way down there. I have several buddies up there in your area.

BTW, Rich, If you have ever had your ears attacked by the Pennyroyal Bluegills,... you would understand why they are referred to as "piranha". I won't dive there without some kind of hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom