Hello from just outside Philly!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bleuu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello out there!
It’s been just a few weeks since my partner and I got our Open Water cert. This has been a bucket list item of mine, and I’m so happy I finally got certified. I’m going through one of those “life resets” this year and this was part of it - my partner is a very good sport (he does enjoy diving too)!

We want to really learn how to dive well, and we are looking forward to taking our time and getting good. We are strong swimmers and I’ve been an avid snorkler since I was 21 - this helped a great deal with the diving, and I’ve got good knowledge of Caribbean Sea critters and corals.

We got our cert and final dives in on St. Lucia. We live near no bodies of water you’d want to dive (like the Schuylkill River - no thank you). Quarries aren’t really my jam, I’m here for the flora and the fauna.

I’m hoping that through this forum I can:

• Find a local dive shop with an active dive club that isn’t far from me. Nothing compelling on MeetUp, so give me a shout if you’re in the Philly area
  • Get good recommendations for things like dive computer, dive fins (that both fit my dive boots I love but also can fit in carry-on luggage - we travel all over with just carry ons - challenge accepted (!) now that we can dive), other accessories.
I love this old school forum. So nice to see something like this still exists.

Cheers! 🐠

Hello out there!
It’s been just a few weeks since my partner and I got our Open Water cert. This has been a bucket list item of mine, and I’m so happy I finally got certified. I’m going through one of those “life resets” this year and this was part of it - my partner is a very good sport (he does enjoy diving too)!

We want to really learn how to dive well, and we are looking forward to taking our time and getting good. We are strong swimmers and I’ve been an avid snorkler since I was 21 - this helped a great deal with the diving, and I’ve got good knowledge of Caribbean Sea critters and corals.

We got our cert and final dives in on St. Lucia. We live near no bodies of water you’d want to dive (like the Schuylkill River - no thank you). Quarries aren’t really my jam, I’m here for the flora and the fauna.

I’m hoping that through this forum I can:

• Find a local dive shop with an active dive club that isn’t far from me. Nothing compelling on MeetUp, so give me a shout if you’re in the Philly area
  • Get good recommendations for things like dive computer, dive fins (that both fit my dive boots I love but also can fit in carry-on luggage - we travel all over with just carry ons - challenge accepted (!) now that we can dive), other accessories.
I love this old school forum. So nice to see something like this still exists.

Cheers! 🐠
whalecome!

Back
Top Bottom