Hello from Indianapolis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there!

I'm a freshly minted ow certification from Indianapolis. Jumping into the diving lifestyle as much as time and my wallet allow! I loved every minute of my ow training. Trying to learn more about all of the locations and opportunities in the Midwest to get out and dive. I'll be looking a lot at the gear threads as I decide what equipment I want to purchase. Also looking to meet or engage with other local divers.

Cheers!

Welcome to Scuba Board! Many of us live inland, away from the oceans. Are you mainly interested in ocean diving, or looking at the Great Lakes freshwater diving or what?

Richard.

Welcome from a Hoosier expat now living in the land of ocean breezes, palm trees, sunburns, and hurricanes. Although these days the land of hurricanes seems to be Louisiana.

i was certified in Indy in 2005 and have been diving regularly ever since!

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and Congrats on your Open Water! Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome @INDiver6174! You might consider checking out these Facebook groups as there tends to be more local activity going on there than on SB. The closest decent dive site to us here in the Indy area is France Park up in Logansport. Hidden Paradise is also reasonably close but the ongoing joke is that the viz is so bad the Paradise is indeed Hidden. :) Good luck and dive safe!

Facebook Groups

Facebook Groups

Welcome to Scuba Board! Many of us live inland, away from the oceans. Are you mainly interested in ocean diving, or looking at the Great Lakes freshwater diving or what?

Richard.
Thanks for the welcome! I’m interested in all of it! Suspect I’ll do fresh water mostly, but will take every opportunity to ocean dive any chance I get during travel.

Here are some threads on 3 of the most popular Caribbean dive destinations, and an older one on Key Largo (upper Florida Keys area).

My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip
-----Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip
-----CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021
My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire
Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html

Those are all good warm water ocean dive destinations. There are more, and there are also more U.S. dive destinations. Some of my reports include trip cost summaries, to give some idea of what you pay to do these things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom