Hello from Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rtapia

Reaction score
Hello! Brand new diver here, looking for ideas, suggestions, tips on cool diving sites around Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio,etc. I also travel to MO, IA and GA every few weeks...
I live in Southern Indiana so there is not much around here. Anybody has any ideas for a cool first salt water localtion within the continental US. (3-4 days, not very expensive, etc).
Thanks for the help
Ron:jester:

Welcome from Texas!

Can't help ys much on diving spots :(

Glad to have you aboard. As far I dive sites go you have several Quarries in KY and IL and OH and IN to choose from. In IN you have Blue Springs but I don't know exactly where, there is a thread in the North America Section of the board about it. In KY you have Falling Rock near Louisville, Cerlean in Central KY and about 20 miles from the KY boarder in IL you have Mermit Springs. In OH you have Gilboa and some others I am not familiar with.

I have dove Falling Rock and Mermit and they are both good spots. Actually we have a trip going to Falling Rock on May 18th check out the thread below and let us know if you can make it.

This in the Group Trip section
http://www.scubaboard.com/t8528/s.html

Dive Safe.

Chad

I sent you an email.

Most of the information is on the thread I gave you a link to. Let me know what else you need to know.

Chad

Welcome to the board Ron, I am sure you will find what information on Scuba you want here.:wink:

As Dee said - I can't help you out on diving spots - I'm a wee bit too north for you.

Welcome to the board, and I'll be curious with the answers you get, you never know when a girl can use more dive locations.

Well Ron lets see here.

I don't really know alot of spots here in Indiana but do know a bunch in Michigan, which is where I am from. If ya want to dive the big lakes any this summer let me know. I will be heading there alot here in the near future on many dive trips. It would not be such a boring drive with someone to tag along. Gilboa is a great place to dive. Expecially if you like deep diving. The pit which is the deepest in the quarry is about 138' deep. There are alot of things to dive at the bottom including a plane and a school bus. In the deep end they have semi triailer..

Jeff Great lakes diver

Originally posted by rtapia
Anybody has any ideas for a cool first salt water localtion within the continental US. (3-4 days, not very expensive, etc).
Thanks for the help
Ron
Quite a few nice 2 day 1 night live aboards off Catalina Island. Most sail from Los Angeles. They run around $250. Just have to get there. We are schdeuled for one at the end of July. I'll let you know how it turns out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom