Hello from Indiana , United States

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chapells

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Really happy to join (re-join?) SB. Have been diving for years and reading posts - but I guess I never joined because I couldn't find an account named with any of my usual names/emails Oh well - I'm joined now.

Age is at last allowing me more diving - with the kids moved on and more available time off from work I can make multiple dive trips from land-locked Indiana to wonder, warm, and sunny locations for great adventures. This year we're taking a "scuba cruise" in a few weeks to Western Carribean (Roatan, Cozumel, Costa Maya) - and a month in Curacao in summer. It will be first time to Curacao for 5+ years so looking forward to some great shore diving.

Welcome to the board. Whereabouts in Indiana? I work in Richmond.

Welcome to SB. Glad you have the chance to dive again.

dive trips from land-locked Indiana to wonder, warm, and sunny locations for great adventures.
This is the only way I have ever done it, although the water in a few places may have still been a little cool at times. Hope to hear about your trips in the near future - will be interested in how you get your dives in during the cruise.

Welcome to the board. Whereabouts in Indiana? I work in Richmond.
I'm in Terre Haute - so exact opposite side of the state :) My work office is in Greenfield - but with remote working I don't over there very much anymore.

I'm in Terre Haute - so exact opposite side of the state :) My work office is in Greenfield
That's some commute!! Good you can work remotely - construction in Indy isn't fun to drive trough/around right now.

Sounds great. With Curacao, you can do shore and boat diving both. Where are you staying in Curacao? It's a pretty large island, so location matters.

Richard.

Sounds great. With Curacao, you can do shore and boat diving both. Where are you staying in Curacao? It's a pretty large island, so location matters.

Richard.

Just finalized our booking. We are staying in a rental at Beau Rivage - it's about half way between Punda and Marie Pampoen on Penstraat. We've usually stayed west of Willemstad - in Piscadera or Blue Bay, but this year we opted to be more "in town" to have more land-side attractions readily accessible. It will be more drive time than we are familiar having on Bonaire, but only 10 minutes or so. I know many divers prefer being far out west but it's about balance for us: diving at day, eating and drinking at night!

We also have a soft spot for Mark at nearby Dive Bus. We used them for our initial dive cert course many years ago - and like the laid back vibe there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom