Hello from Huntington Beach, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWithTurk

Bubble Blowing Buddha
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,

I have lurked here for some time and thought it was time to post. I am taking my OWC class starting 30 November. I am really looking forward to finally realizing a dream of mine!!

I am 44 , from Ohio but have been out here since 2010, a Navy veteran and am in love with ocean. I look forward to meeting new friends and dive buddies as I increase my skills.

You will love Socal diving. one of the few things about socal that I miss, especially the offshore islands. Enjoy the certification class. remember, certification is a lot like driver's ed, it teaches you to pass the test, not how to really drive. That comes with doing.

You will love Socal diving. one of the few things about socal that I miss, especially the offshore islands. Enjoy the certification class. remember, certification is a lot like driver's ed, it teaches you to pass the test, not how to really drive. That comes with doing.

Thank you covediver! I am really looking forward to the class and have read enough on here to know that my certification is really just the start and allows me to continue to dive and improve on my skills.

I am even thinking about doing a post to talk about my class, give my thoughts,etc as I go through the process of classroom, confined and open water learning.

Welcome to HB and Orange County California- where recreational diving began
I was the 3 or 4th LA Co UW Instructor in OC - long before you were born and possibly before your parents were born and many years before NAUI and 20 or so years before PADI--There has been a lot of changes in the ensuing years

I would enjoy reading about your classes, your instructors qualifications and your open water experiences.

In the last 50 or more years I have authored many articles on recreational diving. FYI you might want to read about the genesis of recreational diving I just posted about a fellow who froze on his check out dive . Also suggest that you might want to check out www.legends of diving .com "Orange county did you know ?" and a number of other article's posted in the legends.

Once again welcome to HB & OC

SDM

Welcome to HB and Orange County California- where recreational diving began
I was the 3 or 4th LA Co UW Instructor in OC - long before you were born and possibly before your parents were born and many years before NAUI and 20 or so years before PADI--There has been a lot of changes in the ensuing years

I would enjoy reading about your classes, your instructors qualifications and your open water experiences.

In the last 50 or more years I have authored many articles on recreational diving. FYI you might want to read about the genesis of recreational diving I just posted about a fellow who froze on his check out dive . Also suggest that you might want to check out www.legends of diving .com "Orange county did you know ?" and a number of other article's posted in the legends.

Once again welcome to HB & OC

SDM

Thank you sir.I have read many of your posts on here and love the history of diving and diving here in Orange County. I have come to value your posts as you obviously have a wealth of knowledge.

I am taking my OWC at Beach Cities Scuba Mania with the classroom in Huntington and the pool work done in Laguna, as you already know, at Laguna Sea Sports.

I will be sure to start a thread in the local section to discuss my class.

I have waited a long time to do this with my eventual goal of becoming an instructor (with TEC certs) and teaching on a tropical island. That has been a dream of mine since I sat in front of our black and white TV watching "The Undersea World of JYC'"

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....

Thank you sir.I have read many of your posts on here and love the history of diving and diving here in Orange County. I have come to value your posts as you obviously have a wealth of knowledge.

I am taking my OWC at Beach Cities Scuba Mania with the classroom in Huntington and the pool work done in Laguna, as you already know, at Laguna Sea Sports.

I will be sure to start a thread in the local section to discuss my class.

I have waited a long time to do this with my eventual goal of becoming an instructor (with TEC certs) and teaching on a tropical island. That has been a dream of mine since I sat in front of our black and white TV watching "The Undersea World of JYC'"

I find it interesting that Laguna Sea Sports is letting someone else teach scuba in their pool. How did they work that out?

I too dreamed of becoming an instructor in a tropical paradise until I researched the available jobs and met many unemployed instructors.

Ditto on Sam Miller's request for info on your class. Is "ditto" still in the dictionary?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom