Hello from Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I own a dive operation in Grand Cayman. Don't want to ruffle any feathers or anything like that so anyone have tips and tricks as a dive operation owner? Not trying to build a commercial on here or anything but if people want info then perhaps I can give them some? First time ever on Scuba Board.

Hey Freddy

I also live on the island, welcome to the board.

If when you say you would like some tricks n tips, you mean as how to use scubaboard in a way that might positively influence your business, then I would suggest to start off watch how people interact. If you come straight out with a blatent sales push you will likely get more negative responses than positive. There are often posts that come up where people are discussing Cayman in one way or another, just join in, add your two cents and avoid the sales pitch. Try to be helpfull, avoid bad mouthing other ops.

With a bit of time you'll get used to how things work and with a few posts to your name people will consider your opinion as that of a contributor to the board as opposed to a vendor looking for business..

To get started, find a conversation that you feel compelled to respond to and do just that.

Good luck

Drew

Freddy,
I'm not very active but I do a a lot of reading on here. I think we may have discussed it on a boat ride one morning a few weeks ago. :) If you are who I think you are, you run a great operation and do it well. Welcome to the boards.

Not sure how much forum experience you have, but any forum can be a brutal place if your on the percieved wrong side. I've seen people and small businesses get destroyed because they get drawn into a fight and feel like they have to justify themselves. Thank goodness I haven't seen it on here for as long as I've been a member. Information is great, but sometime silent is better. Find prior posts and see how other operators deal with criticism and trolls. Some people loves to pick fights and are real pros at it.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida USA.....happy diving.

Freddy,
I'm not very active but I do a a lot of reading on here. I think we may have discussed it on a boat ride one morning a few weeks ago. :) If you are who I think you are, you run a great operation and do it well. Welcome to the boards.

Not sure how much forum experience you have, but any forum can be a brutal place if your on the percieved wrong side. I've seen people and small businesses get destroyed because they get drawn into a fight and feel like they have to justify themselves. Thank goodness I haven't seen it on here for as long as I've been a member. Information is great, but sometime silent is better. Find prior posts and see how other operators deal with criticism and trolls. Some people loves to pick fights and are real pros at it.
Sounds great! I have heard similar and hence why I have stayed off here. Wondering if it is worth it to even poke my head up in this format. I will do some looking around to see if I can find some good things. If you see anything, please don't hesitate to let me know if you think it might help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom