Hello from Gili Islands Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anni

Reaction score
Hello from diving paradise!

Hi all! I'm in Gili Trawangan which is a small island off north west of Lombok, Indo. Haven't dived yet as just arrived yesterday but this place is, as the Aussies say, 'goin off'!!! Seems great. Plenty of partying but not too much or too noisy at night. Just about ok for me. I woke up with an ear infection 2 days ago so am waiting that out.

So look out for some dive reports! I'll also be taking my camera with me as soon as DEPP insures it! I heard of them from this board as well as lots of other things.

I had planned to go up to Thailand and dive there but I'm actually leaning towards spending my money here in INdo instead. Might even make it up to Manado who knows! I am getting the impression that the diving here in Gilis, off Flores and up in Sulawesi will be more worth my while than Thailand. Does anyone care to comfirm or deny this as I am making travelling decisions pretty much by seat of my bikini!

IN the meantime if anyone wants to know anything about diving here ask away and you'll get a report direct from someone here.

Ann

PS Erwin if you read this I hope your boss is not cross with me for not diving with you guys I might well do a few dives in Nusa Penida on the way back.

Hi anni,

I'm interested in finding out about diving in Gili Trawangan.... I'm planning to go there in Feb 03....

Questions:
1. Which dive operator did you go with and what's your impression of them? How much is it per dive?
2. Which resort did you stay in? How was it?
3. How did you make your way there? I'm planning to take a domestic flight from Denpasar. Is Gili Trawangan far from the airport?
4. Any suggestions for dive sites? I'm looking at doing 6-8 dives.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom