Hello from Frozen Minnesota.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy, All.
Was looking for info on Gauge readers for my new mask and came across the board in my search and thought I'd join.
I am what you could call a "new, old diver" I first trained as a diver in 1968 at age 13 when we lived in Long Beach, CA, and dove in high school and a bit when I was in the Army. Marriage and kids took over and diving took a back seat for many years. I decided a couple of years ago, that, with so many lakes in Minnesota, I'd like to start diving again. I found a local dive shop and finally re-certified last year. Finally getting a chance to dive again soon. Taking a cruise and have a couple of chances to dive in Cozumel. If I can get my wife or son interested enough to certify, I'll have a diving buddy or two close at hand and get to go diving again.
Enough of my ramblings.
Jim

Welcome have fun and join a club if possible lots of clubs offer discounts for dive charters and best of all you get to meet new people with the same interests

Jim,
Welcome back to diving. :). My husband & I just started diving in 2008 after our 3 sons were on their own. We love it! I hope either your wife or your son (or both!) will be interested in getting certified. We enjoy sharing the passion as husband/wife (although there are always compromises). Regardless of your usual style, I would recommend you Lure Them In (your family) with fascinating creatures/gorgeous reef reports & photos, "vetted" diving women testimonials, and safe dive/buddy practices (using the "carrot" method, vs the "stick" - verbal pressure). Maybe keeping the shark/eel talk to a minimum with the wife, at first. Lol. :) Also, don't overlook your lds arranged dive trips (for that potential dive buddy - at first) or purposely selected "dive" resorts, like buddy dive, etc.
Our lds has an active local lakes/quarry diving group, also another resource (but we are wimpy, warm water divers). Enjoy Cozumel diving, it is gorgeous!
Again, welcome back & happy bubbles!

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom