Hello from France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passeparici

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello from France !
I am 65 and just started scuba diving. I live in the south of France close to the sea so we can practice there.
When I was around 12 I already started scuba diving in a pool around Paris but the other kids were quite older than me (around 16/18 years old) so I found it a bit difficult to follow and I quit after a while ! It took me some time to start again but here I am (with my wife) ready to go !
We started last October in a club to get or N1. It takes normally a few months as it is in a club (it goes slow but quite thoroughly). We already dived 4 times in the sea (one was just a discover dive) but now the water is a bit cold so the next sea dive should be around March. I expect to try the AOW this summer... We will see !
Happy new year and nice dives for 2022 !

Welcome to ScubaBoard @passeparici and congratulations on getting back the water. Now the fun starts.

Welcome

Hello and welcome (from SW France actually) !

As I say to any new fellow diver : beware, diving is an addiction ! :D

On a more serious tone : where are you diving ? I'm always curious about that, trying to discover new places I guess. Marseille ? Le Var ?

Have fun and dive safe.

Welcome to Scubaboard, we're very pleased to have you join us here.

Hello and welcome (from SW France actually) !

As I say to any new fellow diver : beware, diving is an addiction ! :D

On a more serious tone : where are you diving ? I'm always curious about that, trying to discover new places I guess. Marseille ? Le Var ?

Have fun and dive safe.
As I am only starting, at Sausset les Pins (close to Marseille). But the next dives should be around the Calanques. that's where it is suppose to be the nicest here. Many nice places to dive around Marseille. Get in touch with the schools in Marseille, they will tell you about the nice spots. I will tell you more in a year or two :D

As I am only starting, at Sausset les Pins (close to Marseille). But the next dives should be around the Calanques. that's where it is suppose to be the nicest here. Many nice places to dive around Marseille. Get in touch with the schools in Marseille, they will tell you about the nice spots. I will tell you more in a year or two :D
Dived for 4 seasons in Cassis, and 2 in La Ciotat. Loved it, but the Mistral wasn't really friendly, so I've decided to go somewhere else. Was hoping to go back to Marseille, but the last 2 years weren't really good for travelling, even in my own country... :wink:

Bordeaux France was one of my favorite places to visit. Welcome to the board.

Hello from France !
I am 65 and just started scuba diving. I live in the south of France close to the sea so we can practice there.
When I was around 12 I already started scuba diving in a pool around Paris but the other kids were quite older than me (around 16/18 years old) so I found it a bit difficult to follow and I quit after a while ! It took me some time to start again but here I am (with my wife) ready to go !
We started last October in a club to get or N1. It takes normally a few months as it is in a club (it goes slow but quite thoroughly). We already dived 4 times in the sea (one was just a discover dive) but now the water is a bit cold so the next sea dive should be around March. I expect to try the AOW this summer... We will see !
Happy new year and nice dives for 2022 !
bienvenue sur le forum. bonne plongée toujours!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom