Hello from Fort Collins Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdjones42

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Chris and I'm a soon to be certified diver looking to meet some local divers and hopefully get some good info for destinations and gear. A little about me, my girlfriend and I recently decided to go ahead and get our certification so that we can go on awesome diving vacations. We have our classroom and enclosed dives done and our waiting to do our open water in a few weeks. We are planning on taking a trip to Cozumel in May to put our new diving skills to some good use. Outside of diving I enjoy pretty much anything that gets me outdoors; hiking, biking, camping, climbing, snowboarding, skiing, etc. I think that is a good little intro for now. I look forward to maybe make some new friends and diving buddies.

welcome to the site. i am also a new diver here in fort collins. which shop are you getting certified through? doing the cert. dives at the crater?

Hi red, we are going through underwater phantaseas down in Lakewood, and yes we'll be hitting up the crater in a few weeks. How about yourself?

Welcome to Scubaboard.

Plenty of information about diving Cozumel can be found here.

If you're looking for a more 'local' flavor, check out the regional forum Rocky Mountain Region

Hello and welcome to diving and ScubaBoard!

As my name suggests, I am just down the road in Boulder. Colorado has a lot of divers and a lot of dive opportunities, although the local diving is a little weak. If you scroll down the main forum page on ScubaBoard, you will find a section for local diving. Look for United States>Western United States>Rocky Mountain Region to find information on local diving opportunities and find buddies.

EDIT: I typed too much, and Scott beat me to it.

i got my OW certification with high plains scuba here in fort collins and also did the cert dives at the crater the last weekend of dec. was nice to be in the warm water for sure

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll definitely check out the local groups, wish there was some decent diving around here to check out too, if for nothing more then to keep me refreshed and scratch my itch once in a while.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck with your dives.

If you are up in the mountains ( Vail/ Beaver Creek area ), stop by and say Hi.

Have FUN!

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll definitely check out the local groups, wish there was some decent diving around here to check out too, if for nothing more then to keep me refreshed and scratch my itch once in a while.

It depends upon your definition of "decent." I do local Colorado diving for the fun of it, and I take trips down to Mexico when I get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom