Hello from Folsom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-cy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

Been diving off and on since 1987- started in warmer FL water but now in the chilly waters of northern California. My wife and I just got back from Nassau and we got the dive bug again! My dream is to own a drysuit and hit lake Tahoe again.

Cy

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I've only had one dive trip to California, the Channel Islands, so I've never dove the northern section. Have you seen giant Pacific octopus and wolf eels? I've never seen them in the wild. How'd you like diving in Nassau? Did you dive with Stuart's Cove?

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I've only had one dive trip to California, the Channel Islands, so I've never dove the northern section. Have you seen giant Pacific octopus and wolf eels? I've never seen them in the wild. How'd you like diving in Nassau? Did you dive with Stuart's Cove?

Richard.
Thanks! The only things I've seen in Monterrey are sea otters, crab and occasional ling cod. I've done more diving in the local lakes and rivers. I got altitude certified at lake tahoe which is clear and beautiful but you might only see a crawdad or a curious mackinaw.
We were at Sandals grand Bahamian which included all the boat diving and equipment rental. They have an awesome crew and every morning you just check in for the 2 tank "dive du jour" We did opt for the shark dive excursion though and that was amazing.
I hear there is some great lobster diving off the channel islands.

Cy

Haha! Yep, the prison is here too. You can walk the Johnny Cash trail and visit the Johnny Cash museum.
The drinking water isn't all that bad though. :)

Welcome (from El Dorado Hills) to the board and glad to see you back blowing bubbles! If you are ever interested in diving the local rivers and lakes (or to Monterey where we dive usually 2x a month) give a shout. My buddy and I love to clean up the rivers around here and collect lost treasure. This is a fantastic community here. Enjoy!

Welcome (from El Dorado Hills) to the board and glad to see you back blowing bubbles! If you are ever interested in diving the local rivers and lakes (or to Monterey where we dive usually 2x a month) give a shout. My buddy and I love to clean up the rivers around here and collect lost treasure. This is a fantastic community here. Enjoy!
Right on, I would love to join in on a cleanup day on the American River. I was also checking out the "clean up the lake" project. I need to replace my old 7mm o neill before I do anything local again - I think it has shrunk:)

Damn wetsuits always seem to "shrink" as we age... If you are in the market for a great wetsuit in 7mm, take a good long look at the Waterproof W7. It is my go to suit now and it keeps me nice and warm even on the colder days. My buddy and I just dove the Sunday before the Super Bowl in the American doing some clean-up and treasure hunting and even though the water was 44 degrees, my core was incredibly comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom