Hello from Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThomasJR

Registered
Reaction score
Hello people here Is Thomas from Dubai
I'm searching for some information about diving, i'm a beginner
Where i can ask something about safety?

Welcome to SB @ThomasJR

What safety questions do you have?

Do i have to follow some scuba training in a pool before starting?
Is It ok to do this class in a different place?

Are you qualified as an open water diver or looking for instruction?

Are you qualified as an open water diver or looking for instruction?
No, i am not a qualified diver yet. The open water course is going to be my very first time underwater.
A friend told me i have to follow some training in a safe place like a pool before starting diving.
But what if the pool in not available?

Generally all dive instructors use a pool for initial training before they take the students into the sea.

However some instructors may use the sea, but in a shallow confined area instead of using a pool. This can have some advantages such as getting the weighting correct since you will be in salt water, whereas pools are generally all fresh water and the buoyancy is different.

Hey dude assalamuualaikum welcome, what sort of people live in Dubai, is it cool

No, i am not a qualified diver yet. The open water course is going to be my very first time underwater.
A friend told me i have to follow some training in a safe place like a pool before starting diving.
But what if the pool in not available?
I think it is much better to discuss your concerns with a qualified and experienced instructor rather than a “friend” unless your friend is an instructor and willing to teach and certify you.

I can understand your anxiety but if you want to make dives, you have to learn to be comfortable in the water, that may be sea, lake, pond, pool etc. it doesn’t matter, water is water and same risks applies regardless.

On the other hand, again doesn’t matter where you are diving same fundamentals and set of skills you need to develop.

There is handful of dive centers with their own pool within their facilities in Dubai. Go talk to them, do a try scuba or discover scuba diving type of activity, then you will see for yourself.

Like everywhere else, you will get what you pay for in terms of training, there are dive centers with their employed instructors, then there are freelancers, shop around before sign up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom