Hello from Diviac!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI Travel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi there,

We just wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves. We’re Diviac Travel. Diviac stands for Dive Maniac as you might have guessed. Our company was founded by dive enthusiasts and is based in Switzerland where we try to uphold our mission of helping others create the scuba holiday of their dreams through digital inspiration.

We’ve just announced a new version of our site Diviac.travel where you can get inspired and book your next dive adventure. This site features over 10,000 dive centers, 300 liveaboards and 900 destinations. We guarantee the absolute best prices with no credit card or booking fees.

To help you find the perfect holiday, we have also launched a new diving “wizard” that recommends a list of top destinations based on your desired travel month, marine life interest and weather conditions.

As always, we look forward to connecting with you, our fellow divers, on the forums here at ScubaBoard. Until then, happy diving from the Diviac team!

Last edited:
Welcome!

I really like your wizard. I'm a VP of Product Management in IT so a good site makes me happy and I haven't seen a wizard for diving like this before. Instead, I'm always having to look at a number of different sites and combine them all together to get the info I need. It's even better with all the info you have on the destinations (e.g., Diving, Marine-life, Area, etc.) and that you allow users to change the values to metric or imperial. Fantastic job!

The wizard works well, but if I may make two suggestions...

1. There's no really great ending when a user selects something that has no options (e.g., mola mola in December). Preventing a user from selecting mola mola once they've already selected December and allowing the user to rollover the image to see what months they then are usually present would be helpful.

2. A reverse of what you've included would also be good (i.e., allowing the selection of marine life before selecting a month). For instance, I will often switch months to see some type of marine life I'd really like to view.

Also, when writing your web site URL, make sure to include the https (i.e., https://diviac.travel). Many people aren't familiar with the .travel extension so won't recognize it as a valid URL.

Looking forward to using your site and wizard next year when I can hopefully book some new trips!

Welcome to SB!

Thank you Dive Right In Scuba 2!

And thank you NYCaiad! I’ve sent your suggestions to our wizard team. We appreciate all the comments and input we can get. Do keep an eye on the site for future updates, and we look forward to helping you book some exciting trips next year.

Back
Top Bottom