Hello from DC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samsonite

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all. Brand new to the forums. I'm 34 y/o and have recently gotten back into diving. I was orignally certified in FL at the tender age of 12, but it had been 15 years since I last went diving and thus I chose to do the OW cert all over again. Fortunately I was able to convince my wife to join me! We did our OW checkout dives off of VA Beach. I think that was a bit too chilly for her. We just recently returned from our honeymoon in Phuket, Thailand where we completed our AOW certification. I think that experience definitely won her over, though I think her diving will be limited to those occasions when we travel somwhere warm/tropical, which we do at least once a year. I on the other hand am willing to get into the cold, and so will likely do some quarry dives and possibly some wreck diving off of NC. My current goals are to take the nitrox and rescue diver courses this year, but really I just want to get as much experience/time underwater as I can.

Welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to doing some diving in Thailand with in the next couple years. I'm going to be living in Japan at the end of December and I'm going to plan a trip down there. Sounds fun!!

Thanks all! Super excited to be back into this. Already compiled a gear wish list for both my wife and I. We're getting eachother matching dive computers for x-mas.

And Brew, yes Thailand is awesome. I dove a lot in FL when I was younger, so I saw some pretty decent stuff, but Phuket is something else! Definitely make your way down there if you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom