Hello from Dallas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geauxdive

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings everyone!

Native Texan (with a splash of Bayou Country) here looking for insight and SCUBA talk. A brief bit of background on my experience: I began diving at a South-Central Texas summer camp at the age of 10. I dove there for 4 summers until I got my OWD at 14. I got my AOWD at 19 and Rescue Diver at 22. I taught diving at the summer camp (non-cert classes, of course!) for 7 years. It was an easy way to pass along my love for diving, especially with a platform that I was familiar with. Will begin work toward my divemaster when work slows down a bit.

I "logged" over 400 dives while teaching the kids down there, and have 150+ OW dives, mostly in Cozumel with a smattering in Playa del Carmen. I am anxiously awaiting my first Ambergris Caye trip in late May/early June and am looking for any and all input y'all may have regarding the island, sites, and any other random thoughts you may have.

Looking forward to reading more on this site. Best wishes!

welcome to SB, I admire the slower stedy pace of your on going training efforts.

welcome to SB, I admire the slower stedy pace of your on going training efforts.

Many thanks. Admittedly, if I had the time or resources before now I likely would've attempted to get through them as fast as possible. Looking forward to the next challenge though!

Back
Top Bottom