Hello from Cincinnati OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeanyButter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello, currently in a PADI course, on week 3 of a 6 week course. Coming here mainly to take advantage of the used marketplace so I can acquire more gear per dollar to get started in this hobby!

Not aware of any diving spots currently in south west OH other than a few quarries and the great lakes if I drive. If you know any lesser known holes or cool diving destinations within a few to up to 10 hours away, definitely interested in hearing about them so I can plan future trips!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I don't know where you're at in Ohio, or how far a drive is too far, but Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort in Hopkinsville, (southwestern) KY is a good quarry. It's got a large plateau around 20 feet deep with multiple sunken attraction, a ledge maybe 50 or 60 feet deep along a vertical wall with some things (e.g.: white van, very old time fire truck), and a bottom that's quite deep - near the pavilions it's possible to get close to 100 feet deep; I think somewhere in the quarry it gets down around 120 feet. Been a few years since I dove there (I tend to use it for training or when the surface interval between dive trips is just too long).

Hello, currently in a PADI course, on week 3 of a 6 week course. Coming here mainly to take advantage of the used marketplace so I can acquire more gear per dollar to get started in this hobby!

Not aware of any diving spots currently in south west OH other than a few quarries and the great lakes if I drive. If you know any lesser known holes or cool diving destinations within a few to up to 10 hours away, definitely interested in hearing about them so I can plan future trips!
Your local dive shop should have some good ideas/trips local to you!

Hi there! I’m from Cincinnati too and about halfway through training myself. Looking for buddies. Not sure I can help with the dive search because I’m looking around too right now.

You might check out Natural Springs in New Paris,Oh and Circleville twins in Circleville. Both are clean and not far from Cincinnati. Both have trails set up and are good to work on skills. Gilboa Quarry near Findlay is an option also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom