Hello from Chi-Town!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobbyC

New
Reaction score
​Well, I finally did it, I finally decided to do something different with my free time and got some introductory lessons lined up via LSC here in Chicago.
I am in a bit of a odd stage in my life right now, both professionally and personally. I am getting a tad old to still be playing Xbox every weekend, but my career is really starting to approach epic status. So, dear friends, what to do?

Get a country club membership and be like every other drone that works in the loop maybe? Start listening to grotesque music, buy an overpriced vintage wardrobe and book $200 haircuts with the hipsters? Thanks, but no. I decided to take a different path.

I am excited, but also a little nervous too. I have not been actively involved in anything of this nature since Boy Scouts back in the day when I had a couple of classes. Price was my biggest obstacle in getting more actively involved in diving back then as I come from humble means. With those barriers no longer standing in my way I thought it best to dive in head first (yes, awful pun).

I have been lurking on here for a few months now in all honesty. I have actually been picking your guys' brains and you just did not realize it. Bond...James Bond.

I am a bit at a loss as to where this adventure is going to take me in my life, but after reading about a million threads on this place in a relatively short time period, you guys seem like a good group of folks to hang with to me. Hell, I even already have a few favorites among you. Stalker Status!

I am looking forward to participating in discussions and starting my new classes up!

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....it may sound strange but it can only get better going down from here...good luck with your diving adventures.

Welcome to SB! Be sure to stop in and see us...we're just up the road from you!

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant... in both diving and ScubaBoard! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

Thanks RJP (and everyone) for the welcome.

I am a marketing professional myself, ironically enough, though I am pretty much exclusively on the financial side of operations nowadays.

No doubt after I will have tons of mundane questions to annoy everyone with initially.

I am really excited to get things kicked off, though I have to admit that starting up here in Chicago in the winter probably was not the smartest move I have ever made. I have lots of family in Florida however, which I am sure will prove helpful to me at some point as things progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom