Hello from Chattanooga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chef Rob

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just thought I'd drop a note to introduce myself. I'm about to become a new diver. My wife and I decided to take a last minute vacation to Akumal, MX, and I decided to fulfil a life long dream and try diving. I've always been very comfortable in the water but have a slight phobia about water in the eyes. Yep I'm one of those people who bendbackwards in the shower to wash hair rather then leaning forwards. My college room mate back in 89 was a serious certified cave/cavern diver. Being in central Florida, there was lots of opportunity for this. I used to spend hours watching his dive videos. I'm not sure I ever actually want to do this type of dive, but it was facinating to watch.

Anyway I decided that before I left to go on our trip I would take advantage of a LDS shop 'discover scuba' experience, just to make sure I wouldn't panic once geared up and bottle breathing. Yesterday I did that and everything felt so natural, I had no panic reaction. I told my instructor about my eye/water issue and asked if I could flood my mask and recover from it. This went well too.

In short, I leave in less than one week to do my passport dives in Akumal, upon return I plan to do my classwork for my OW cert.

Now to find dive spots in or around Chattanooga, TN.

Robert

Hey Chef Rob,

Howdy from Texas. I'm new around here as well and so far I have been impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the folks that frequent these parts.

Find a forum and ask your questions, you'll be assured that someone has an opinion.

SeaHunt

welcome to the board and enjoy Akumal:)

Hi, I am a new diver too, or soon to be I hope.... Welcome to the boards

Jessica

Chef. Hope you like diving and have a great time. By the way my Mom lives in Red Bank if I get that way maybe we get some diving time. Enjoy yourself.

Rich :mean:

Akumal is one of my dreams, too (just got a handful of brochures for the Scuba Expo!) Out here, kelp diving is my thing. Glad to have you aboard!

Let me know areas that you are able to dive around you, I will be soon re-locating to that neck of the woods, interested in any and all types of diving, I don't care if vis is on the poor side or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom