Hello from Charlotte, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J_7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New to site but looking around and reviewing the resources. Lot of information available to learn from.

Welcome, J_7, from a fellow North Stater. We have lots of dive options and opportunities in our state, both at the coast and inland. And yo are correct. There is lots of experience and wisdom to learn from here. Take advantage of it.

I appreciate it. Still working on buyance and other basic skills at this point. So far all my diving has been at Blue Stone Dive Resort in Thomasville.

Thanks again

I know it well. We live 4 miles from it. You might also want to check out NC PDRA. If you have your own gear, it's comparatively inexpensive diving.

I haved looked into PDRA and hope to have a full set a gear within the next 2 weeks so I may go ahead apply while I wait on deliveries and continue figuring the next piece of equipment to buy.

Thanks again

Welcome, J_7. My son and I were certified last month at Blue Stone. Great place to dive and work on foundational skills, but, try as I may to not look that gifted horse in the mouth, I always exit the dive wishing for warm water. :p

Welcome! I’ll second the PDRA quarry as a great option for local diving, particularly if you are still honing specific skills.

I appreciate it. Finally got some diving in recently. Caught up with a dive buddy from last year. I would not mine joining but need to find someone with tanks or willing to rent tanks and drive out to the site. Right now just meeting up at Blue Stone but will double check with my dive buddy if he would interested if I joined the PDRA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom