Hello from Central VA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PEVRS114

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to this forum. I was first certified PADI OW in 1993. I dove quite a bit in the late 90's, and then had a dry spell for about ten years. I dove a bit in the Caribbean in 2012, and am just really getting back into it. I've forgotten a lot; I ordered the newest PADI manual to refresh myself.

Mostly interested in learning technical diving, cave and wrecks.

I'm starting my third year in law school, after being in the military and a police officer for a number of years.

Just wanted to say hello!

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

welcome! i'm in northern va, but head down to lake phoenix in rawlings, va, quite a bit. hoping to head down there this weekend. post up in the midatlantic subforum or pm me if you ever need a dive buddy.

Welcome to SB and back to diving! Like said above be sure to hit up Lake Phoenix...I've heard some great things about the new management there. Also, head down to NC for some epic wreck diving. Good luck with law school...where are you attending?

I live about 30 minutes from there. I aim to head down there soon and get back in the water!

I go to a small, relatively new law school in central VA. It's certainly not a well-ranked school, but the price was right and I didn't have to move.

WRT the "I just don't log dives," it's more that I don't have any records of my dives from 20 years ago.

Any ideas on how to reconstruct my log book?

Given that your log book is really a personal record of your dives, you can reconstruct it in a number of ways. First, are you still in contact with some of your dive buddies from back then? Chat with them and ask them to try to remember some of the dives. Secondly, How about any instructors you've taken classes from/dove with? Finally, is just sheer memory, think back to some memorable dives or dives that you may have experienced something new(first night dive, first deep dive, first dive at a particular site etc..). I've had a number of friends reconstruct semi accurate log books using the above steps. Just don't embellish(too much) :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom