Hello from Central Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony387

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All...

I've been following SB for about a year, but just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and say hello, in the hopes of making new acquaintances near and far. I'm an attorney by vocation (don't hold that against me :)) and have been diving for a little over a year. Almost all of my diving thus far has been at two lakes a short distance from my home. Both of which are cold and dark and without much to see, but excellent for honing one's navigation skills. I hope to do some diving in FL and in Mexico in the coming months and experience the good viz that so far has alluded me. At any rate, I just wanted to say hi...and I look forward to speaking with many of you in the future.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and I agree with you about Travis and Canyon.

Actually you live in a great location for excellent local diving. Cross your fingers, give it six months and Diving for Science : Aquarena Center : Texas State University might well be starting up the DFS program again for new divers. On a bad day, the vis is 40' and you will see more fish than you can count.

Thank you :) Yes, I've been hoping the program would resume at some point. I was corresponding with T. Heard a while back regarding status of the DFS program, but fell out of touch prior to the holidays. Actually, I live in San Marcos...such great diving in our own back yard. Being able to see actually see under water would be something indeed. I'm definitely interested...please let me know as things develop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom