Hello from Central California...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wes79v

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new diver, getting my OW certification last August. I have logged 10 dives so far, including 5 in Curaçao, and have a trip scheduled to Cozumel later this year. I'm trying to get my AOW before I go, but don't know if I'll have time. I just joined the board a couple of weeks ago and am trying to learn all I can about different pieces of equipment I am looking to buy. I have most everything at this point, and am putting together a BP and wing. I purchased an OMS Comfort 2 harness and SS backplate, now I have to determine what size wing I need. From what I can tell 32 lbs should be all I need whether diving here in Cali with a 7 mil or down south with a rash guard. Does that sound right?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Any input is appreciated.

howdy and welcome from south Florida......happy dive, dive, dive....

Welcome! You can always do your AOW in Cozumel... :) That is what my buddy did after getting certified in Monterey. He did about a handfull of dives before he decided to do his AOW there.

Thanks everybody for the replies. I spoke with a local dive shop and got the lowdown on sizing the wing and picked up a dive rite. I have been looking into doing my AOW in Cozumel, thanks for the tip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom