Hello From Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ky_diver

New
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Just new to the board & diving... Lived in Cayman all my life; Just recently my wife & I were certified. Unfortunately waited until now to get it done. Man we've missed a lot. :)

Well, if anyone has any Cayman questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

ky_diver:jester:

welcome to the board. I got a question about cayman. If you lived there all your life why did you wait to go diving??:D

Welcome to the boards!!

I started late too!
I can still enjoy trying to catch up! :wink:

I just came back from Little Cayman Beach Resort. Cayman diving is great. Welcome from another board newby.

Hope you enjoy the boards, and dive safe.

Rich :mean:

that’s fair, you LIVE in the Caymans! Man I am jealous :) Well, welcome to the board, I do have a question though. What on earth are you doing on the computer right now? You live in the Caymans, go outside and enjoy the fact that your backyard is a place all us poor saps pay huge money to get to visit, I have only been there once but I really want to go back (could you have guessed) :)

Welcome from Texas. You know you're liable to have lots of new friends camping on your living room rug....don'tcha? :D

Welocme to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here & Dive Safe......................Arduous

Howdy folks,

All, Thanks for the welcome.. :) Some great people and threads here.

Rooster: I'm not sure why it took so long. But normally there are very few "natives" that seem to dive. Perhaps it's kinda seen as a touristy thing. I dunno though. They really should have a campaign to get more locals diving. I think they are starting to get the kids into it from school now, so that's a good thing.

Tavi: True, it'll be fun catching up.. Wish I could've seen the reefs 15 years ago.

Burke: *laugh* I do wish I could just forget about work and go diving. Hmm, now theres an idea!!! :)

Dee: Hey, yeah I figured that'd happen... :)

Well, as I said if there are any questions let me know. I can give the low down on great, yet cheap places to eat n' stuff (mostly local food).

Ya'll take care man,
ky_diver

PS: KY = Cayman Top Level domain, not Kentucky..

Welcome Ky_Diver!

I have been to Cayman many times and just LOVE it. It's our favorite vacation destination. We are going to be there July 2-9 and doing just shore diving. The boat dives are too expensive and we are on a very limited budget. We were lucky to cash in our frequent flyer miles for the airfare. Airfare to Cayman is very expensive if you are planning on staying a week. We stay in a condo and do all of our shopping at the Foster's Supermarket and just eat in our condo. Saves a ton of money. Don't need to be entertained when the only reason your are there is to DIVE, DIVE, DIVE , relax, enjoy the sunsets, read and drink.:) I am new to the boards too but I am glad to have a Cayman Native to answer any questions that come up concerning that beautiful island in paradise. Later....Ms Tomato

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom