Hello from California!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sol Seeker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all - New to ScubaBoard and really enjoying the forums/community. My name is Ewan (SB handle is Sol Seeker), have been diving on an off since the late 80s but got much more serious about it this year (passed my IE in September). My wife recently caught the scuba bug in Akumal, MX and my 10 year old (I call him my proto-student) is already solid on his skills so it's shaping up to be the lifestyle I always hoped it would be. Looking forward to a trip to Bonaire in February of next year.

Here is my first attempt at underwater videography:

Hope you enjoy. I'm about to poke around for a videography/underwater photo section to post here. I absolutely fell in love with shooting underwater - so fun and so fun to share the experiences with family and friends. This video is amateurish and a bit slow in parts but I learned a ton and am determined to apply what I learned in Bonaire.

Anyway, have a great day!

Cheers,
Ewan (Sol Seeker)

Great Video. I love Akumal. I have spent lots of time on the Riviera Maya over the years. Here is a video I did cave diving in the Akumal area a few years ago. Can hardly wait to get back!

Mark

Whoooa - That's heavy Mark! - Real cave stuff versus the "cave-light" cavern dives I did. Very impressive!

I did my full cave course in Akumal 19 years ago. It was a 12 day course taught by Steve Gerrard. Two cave dives per day with about 3 hours of classroom per day. Our graduation dive was a 3-hour circuit "trust me" dive in the Gran Cenote involving 6 jumps with two stage bottles and back-mounted twin 80s. Man that was fun!

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom