Hello from California!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaylorCT96

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone! I’m a newly certified diver in Ventura California and Ive now gained a newfound obsession in diving :) I’ll be starting the Marine Dive Tech Program at Santa Barbara City College in the fall and hoping to maybe make some friends around the area to go dive with at some point. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida .....

Hi everyone! I’m a newly certified diver in Ventura California and Ive now gained a newfound obsession in diving :) I’ll be starting the Marine Dive Tech Program at Santa Barbara City College in the fall and hoping to maybe make some friends around the area to go dive with at some point. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome @TaylorCT96 - Happy to hear about your passion for diving. Looks like you are in my neighborhood. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help keep that fire stoked.

Before moving to Alaska many years ago, I dived Ventura and Santa Barbara County and the offshore for 15 years and get back there to do so every few years. I had the pleasure of working at CINP, best job I ever had. SBCC is an excellent choice for marine tech and general ed and has been for decades (I attended and later taught a few courses there). When you move to Santa Barbara you might want to check out the dive club at UCSB, they are a great bunch of people to go dive with. Good luck

There is a song "The eyes of Texas are upon you " Now the eyes of California are upon you !

The Santa Barbara course is world class-- which translates to a lot of study and hard work. When you graduate you will be diver ready for work.

SDM

Welcome to the boards fellow California Diver... Lucky you being in SoCal got the Channel Islands at your disposal. Be very aware that you are much to be envied. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom