Hello from Brooklyn, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salacia2023

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking awhile and figured I'd introduce myself. I'm a new diver from Brooklyn, NY. I was certified OW + Nitrox in October down in FL (Devil's Den) and I'm looking forward to heading to Bonaire in a few weeks with my LDS for loads of diving. I'm mostly interested in diving in warm water with lots of fish and growing my skills. Signed up to complete Night in Bonaire and I'm eyeballing Rescue later this year/early 2024. I really want to improve my surface swimming before I do.

I work as a software engineer and I'm enjoying the learning about the science and other technical aspects of this sport.

Welcome from a Yonkers native. Will you be diving locally?

I'm open to it. Right now, I'm doing most of my dive adventures in very warm water because it's how I cope with the winter.

Welcome to SB! I also live in NYC, Queens. Hope you'll give local diving some thoughts. It's a lot of fun!

There is a site -- something like "NY (NJ?) shore diving that's pretty good. When you get around to area diving give me a PM and I'll pass on what I do know. I'm in Westchester 7 weeks each summer (now that the border is open....).

Welcome! Brooklyn native here as well. Curious where you dive in NY. Are we talking mostly LI? I used to run to the Verrazano bridge and never thought of diving.

Back
Top Bottom