Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mangrovejack

Contributor
Reaction score
G'Day All,

Just posting an intro thread. I was qualified a few years back but haven't dived since (all my buddies kept leaving the country... no it wasn't on the account of me :shakehead:)

Anyway, I've decided to get back into it, and I've met someone and she is a very experienced diver, so hopefully I'll have new buddy that will last for a while :)

I've ordered all my gear after doing a lot of research, so can't wait to take it out for a dive.

Just need to get a wetsuit and it will most likely have to be custom made unfortunately as I find it hard to get ones that fit appropriately (I'm 6'4" and 90kgs (near on 200lbs) - anyone have any clues if off the shelf would fit? - looking at around a 5mm wetsuit/semi-dry.

In terms of gear, the following is what I ordered:
Regulators:
* Apeks XTX 200 Tungsten (DIN) Primary
* Apeks XTX 50 Backup

Hoses:
* Miflex 7' Black - Primary
* Miflex 22" - Secondary
* Miflex 22" - Inflator

Backplate & Wing:
* OMS Stainless Steel Backplate
* OMS Comfort Harness System II
* OxyCheq Mach V Extreme Series Wing 30 lbs
* OMS Back Plate Pad
* OMS Compact Quick Dump Weight Pickets
* OMS 2" Cam Band with Stainless Steel Buckle - 36"

Accessories:
* Dive Rite Naked SPG Compact
* Dive Rite MR11 HID Light
* Suunto Vytec DS with Wireless Transmitter

Cheers,
Michael.

G'Day almitywife, thanks for the tip regarding the wetsuit. I'm in contact with them now about getting a custom made one done up.

Are you the same person on the diveoz website too? I remember seeing your username over there too.

yes, i would be she :lotsalove:

despite popular opinion i do have a job and work... i just have alot of access to computers :D

i dont know if it will be too warm for you up there but seatec makes great suits

otherwise what about one of those stretchy suits? neptune (aussie company) or henderson (US company)

cheers

Hi mangrovejack and welcome to ScubaBoard!

I too am a new member to this forum and have just moved up to Brisbane from Sydney. What company do you dive with up here in Brissy?

Welcome to the board!

Thanks guys.

almitywife, I think I'm still going to go with a custom seatec, thanks for the other suggestions though. They have a new range of semi-dry suits out that aren't on the website yet called the Vortex range (I found out about after emailing them) and their prices are pretty good too.

mig_diver, I used to do more shore dives than anything else, but for others, I went with Mantis Diving. They're located in Stafford on the north side. A friend uses Dive Dive Dive located at Tingalpa and she likes them.

Seatec is literally down the road from where we live, about a 10min walk i reckon

both hubby and i have the predator pros, hes is about 6yrs old and mine is almost 10yrs old.. very very happy with them

oh, dont forget to get at least one thigh pocket!

hello Australia,

Have you got a website in australia thats like a facebook but for just scuba divers? I have heard that you do, and if so can we brits enter it?

thanks,

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom