Hello from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bremen79

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!
I just joined the forum, I am a PADI advanced open water and I mainly scuba dive while on vacations in warm places.
I am here to get tips and knowledge from the experts!

Welcome to the board!

I also live in Boston. If you ever want to give the local waters a try, there's a lively diving community here :) Feel free to DM me.

If you are not a member of one of the local clubs, I'd recommend joining one. It's a great environment to learn and develop in, even if you don't go diving locally.

Welcome! I grew up north of Boston, but didn't dive in the several decades I lived there. The Coast Guard, and a transfer, brought me to New Orleans, and I took up diving after taking classes locally, mostly Gulf shores and Florida east coast. Also offshore from the TX/LA border, on a liveaboard out at the Flower Garden and Stetson Bank Marine Sanctuaries way offshore (which I do recommend, it's actual coral without leaving the US).
But on visits to family, I've braved the cold water, rented thick neoprene and dived in Mass Bay, Woods Hole and Cape area, and Rhode Island at Fort Wetherill. One trip I will recommend is the sunk coastal tanker CHESTER POLING, OFF Gloucester. She broke in two and sank in a much-worse than predicted winter storm in January 1977, and the Coast Guard saved six of seven crew, at great risk to themselves, in mountainous seas. If you go, read up on it first, and it might mean as much to you as it did to me.

Welcome! I just joined the forum as well and am also from Boston. I recently got Advanced certification in Florida but am eager to check out dive sites around New England.

If either of you guys want to dive NE send me a PM

Thanks for the suggestions!
Till now, I have only dived outside of the US but this summer I'll try Florida and Hawaii.
I think I'll have to take some classes on how to use dry suits before I can dive around Boston.

In the warmer months at shallow depth a wetsuit should do just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom