Hello from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ederik

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I am originally from Toronto. I did my Open Water in a very cold lake in October just North of there more than a few years ago. I don't dive often, but when I do, I do it very warm salty water.

Best!

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

Thanks for the welcome, Iamrushman.

I am planning a diving trip with my son to the Keys at the beginning of July. We will be there 7 days. I've never gone diving anywhere in Florida before. We are thinking of going for our Advanced Open Water certifications and then doing some more diving. I am thinking of going with the Rainbow Reef Dive Center in Key Largo. What I am wondering is - is 7 days too much? I was reading that there are lots of good diving around Ft. Lauderdale, so perhaps it's a good idea to split our time. Is it worth swapping a few days of Key Largo for Ft. Lauderdale? If so, how many - one, two? Where in Ft. Lauderdale? The other thing is that when we get to Key Largo, my son will be just 3 weeks shy of his 15-th birthday. Physically you can't tell that he is younger than 18. (He is 6', 175 lb, and, being a wrestler, he can probably throw me across the room with very little effort - and I am no light weight :)) The things that are on my mind are: is depth going to be a problem; is he going to be bored out of his mind in Key Largo when not diving; is there any place to get decent food at reasonable prices?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ed

Back
Top Bottom