Hello from Boston MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uflash2000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello and Happy 2022 for all! I started my official journey into scuba diving in 2021 (did a resort PADI intro in 2017). However, last year took advantage of remote work and stayed at Dominican Republic (born in DR w family local to the area) for about a month to get AOW/Nitrox certifications, plus a lot of practice (26 dives). Added a few more dives while traveling for work at Fajardo, Puerto Rico and completed Dry-suit training in Boston area (need a lot more practice on this one). In total, I completed ~50 dives for 2021. My personal goal is to continue to advance my skills towards becoming a technical diver (love to dive the Bluehole- Belize in the next 3-5 years). It may sound crazy, but I feel more comfortable under water than on land. Maybe I just love the feeling of disconnect from all the noise, mobile, computer, politics, news, etc. Anyways, I will appreciate any guidance on which forum to join to help me map my path towards technical diving. I don't want to set a target time frame, but make it more about the journey. From my reading, it seem reasonable to learn sidemount or twin set configuration as next step, follow by advance Nitrox or GUE Fundamentals. Thank you in advance for your recommendations. Hope to see ya all enjoying the wonders of scuba diving! thanks

Welcome to ScubaBoard @uflash2000. Thanks for joining in.

Welcome. Embrace local or regional diving. You’ll get a lot more dives in and it’s cheaper then going somewhere warm!

Welcome. Embrace local or regional diving. You’ll get a lot more dives in and it’s cheaper then going somewhere warm!
For sure will try during the warmer months. thx

Welcome, I'm about 30 miles south of Boston.

I just don't wait for warmer months at all. I'm doing my tec stuff later this year. One plus side of NE is we have a lot of free parking shore dives. Most are shallow but still a good way to get in the water.

Welcome, I'm about 30 miles south of Boston.

I just don't wait for warmer months at all. I'm doing my tec stuff later this year. One plus side of NE is we have a lot of free parking shore dives. Most are shallow but still a good way to get in the water.
you are surely more brave than me LOL! 😂 - I will continue practicing dry-suit diving this year, hopefully that will help prolonging my diving season in the Boston area. thank you

you are surely more brave than me LOL! 😂 - I will continue practicing dry-suit diving this year, hopefully that will help prolonging my diving season in the Boston area. thank you

Wait you already have a drysuit, I'm planning dives for this weekend and two weeks from now.......

Wait you already have a drysuit, I'm planning dives for this weekend and two weeks from now.......
hi Sorry for the late responds- busy busy at work. I don't have a drysuit, just a wetsuit for now. Planning to rent one during summer. I will reach out for sure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom