Hello from Australia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arcelia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been lurking for a little while now, so it's time to officially say hi! :D

I'm a new OW diver from Australia, coastal dweller all my life. I got certified this year right before winter kicked in. I'm on the southern side of the country and the ocean temps here get down to around 11-12ºC (low 50's F), high water temp maxes at around 20ºC. I'm pretty comfortable in these temps, but will have to wait a few months for some of my dive buddies to consider dipping their toes back in alongside me. Some SB members have already helped me in the meantime with questions about finishing off my personal set of gear, thank you!

I do a bit of snorkelling and hookah diving as well to both keep myself acclimatised, and keep working on fundamental skills.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Welcome aboard Arcelia. Can you be a bit more specific than "the southern side of the country" - it has a pretty big southern side :)

Welcome aboard Arcelia. Can you be a bit more specific than "the southern side of the country" - it has a pretty big southern side :)

A fellow Victorian, but the lack of specificity was deliberate. :wink: Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I look forward to reading many more of your contributions.

A fellow Victorian, but the lack of specificity was deliberate. :wink: Thanks for the welcome!

Well, if by "fellow Victorian", you also mean "fellow Melbournian", feel free to drop me a line if you're ever after a dive buddy.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to SB Arcelia. Congrats on getting certified. Im sure you will have dive buddies lining up in no time!

Cheers

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom