Hello from a total Newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

violamama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been lurking for a few months, reading and learning and using google & wikipedia as my backup when I get in too deep. This is a great resource- thank you!

My husband's been OW certified since the 90's when he was a high schooler on a trip to Hawaii.

I'm just finishing OW in the Florida Keys referred from a shop where we live just west of Portland, Oregon. We're both also doing the Nitrox training while we're in this warm and lovely dive mecca. We're looking forward to getting out in the Puget Sound and maybe the Oregon coast when we get back home.

As far as non-diving life, I'm a small business-owning professional musician homeschooling an 8 and 5 year old and we're waiting to adopt from China. Concurrent with the interest in diving (and inspired by wanting to be in better shape for it) both my husband and I started running again and just did a 10k in mid-January and have a half marathon coming up. We're both looking to slim down and have more than enough energy to keep up with the kids.

Off to read more of the posts here... thanks again!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Finished my open water today! It was a total blast (except for the seasickness in the surface interval despite Bonine) and I can't wait to go again. Lovely people, lovely planet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom