Hello from a new old guy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just signed up. I was certified in 1985. I don't dive as much as I want because no one in my family dives. I am cancer survivor (which one? The worst one you can think of but I was VERY lucky) and I decided to spend more time having fun, so I want to dive some more. I am a New York lawyer and I spend my time providing bank regulatory and related advice to banks. My other fun activities are that I am a wine collector who owns more wine than I will drink for the rest of my life. I also do other fun stuff like photography and cooking and I play Bridge and I play chess.

My favorite dive - Molokini Crater. The fish inside the crater are incredible because the big predators have trouble getting a good run at the tasty morsels inside the crater.

My deepest dive with no fancy equipment - 120 feet down off the south wall at the Caymans when the DM's gauge was defective. No problems except that my buddy and I both showed between 115 and 120 on our gauges and we had to teach the DM what an extended middle finger means when he insisted that we surface and we calculated deco stops at 30 and 10 feet.

My shark dive - a big one off the coast of South Carolina. A good test of nerve.

My weirdest dive - One dive with three things. First, a turtle that I think was a Hawksbill tried to bite my finger when I did not tuck in my pinky while photoing it, followed by a lightening storm racing in as we were surfacing - have you ever seen lightening pierce the water when you are 30 feet down - followed by being hit by lightening while on the boat trying to pull a freaked out diver out of the water during the storm (NO INJURIES because I was holder her first stage and the tank was in the water and the lightening went through me and right into the water off Cozumel. I guess weird things happen in threes.

My worst dive - my certification dive in a quarry in north NJ in early April when the temp was 45 degrees under the thermocline and all I had was a thin wetsuit. My instructor wanted to see what would happen we had to remove our masks. You know what being hit in the face with a sledge hammer feels like? One of the students quit right there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom