Hello everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nmb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello from the San Francisco, CA Area! Got my OW in 2017 and have been hooked since. Currently at 40~50 dives, rescue cert, and regularly dive in Monterey.

I'm planning to move to Taiwan next year and pursue my DM there. Which forum might be the best place to ask for dive shop & instructor recommendations? :)

Not sure Taiwan is the best place for getting your DM if that is the aim of a trip, its not really a diving destination, it's aimed moreso at local divers, you can do it but a lot of diving is weekends and especially summer months, at least in the north. Of course different story if your ABC or have family here.

Do you have an idea of where you plan to be located? and importantly do you speak Chinese? If you are looking for an English speaking instructor options are limited. I know a few people who have done their DM whilst spending mon~fri teaching English.

Hi,

I’ve only dived once off Taiwan, and had a great time. Google this: Fun Divers Tw, Their DMs we’re fluent in English and, of course, in Mandarin.

They might be able to give you some guidance.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom