Hello Everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAMAN71

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SCUBAMAN71 here.

I'm new to the community but not to diving. I live in the Philippines but am from the great state of Mississippi back in the US of A. I grew up here and grew up diving several islands in the Philippines. First dive in 1984 and quit diving in 1989 after moving back to the States, when I had to grow up and get a job. I did make 2 dives in Florida (helping a friend of a friend who had a dive class, and who needed someone to assist with checkout dives back in 1989.) I was never asked to show my cert. card while in Florida, and good thing, because even though I had completed the Open Water course back in 1984, and received my PADI Book and a card from the dive shop, and had logged more than 80 dives in the Philippines, my papers where never turned into PADI. I found this out in 2014 while on a trip to the Philippines, and wanting to make a dive.

I moved back to the Philippines in 2015, and resumed diving in December. I took the PADI Open Water course, and have since also completed the Advanced Open Water Course. I have 47 logged dives since December.

I love diving. It is a time when I can get lost in everything around me. I have dove on 10 islands in the Philippines, and since returning to diving, right now I would say that Danjugan Island is my favorite, for a great diving experience.

I recently bought an action cam (SJCAM 4000 wifi) and have begun taking videos while diving. It is truly a way that I can share with others what takes my breath away. Once returning from my dives, I capture stills from my videos.

Hope to share and enjoy learning from everyone here.

Sam

Attachments

• White Frogfish4.png
    White Frogfish4.png
    678.6 KB · Views: 30
howdy and welcome from south Florida USA...(love the great frog fish photo)

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA...(love the great frog fish photo)
Thanks, man. I love seeing them. My favorites are frogfish, lionfish, leaf fish, scorpion fish and nudibranches.

Welcome to SB. Its a great place.

Welcome to SB! Have fun and don't eat all of the pretzels! :wink:

That is an awesome frog fish! I don't think I've seen a white one.

What's this about pretzels? Where you been hiding them thar pretzels, @Dive Right In Scuba 2?

Back
Top Bottom