hello everyone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin_in_Denver

Registered
Reaction score
I have already posted a few threads and then I saw this introduction area, so I thought I better introduce myself as it seems like a pretty tight knit community.

My name is Glenn and my wife, Mullai, and I live in Denver, CO. We have only been certified for about 9 months and have 13 dives under our belt. Man, are we hooked. Trouble is getting to some water from Colorado. Warm water that is. That icy cold Rocky Mountain stuff is good for beer, but I haven't acquired the affinity for diving in it yet. But, I do say yet...you always have to try it once I suppose. Diving with some Orca would be pretty interesting.

Anyway, we actually got married last Nov. in Cozumel and dove like crazy for a week.(We did say I DO though above the surface.) Loved Cozumel, and in fact, we are going again on a last minute deal on this Sunday, 26th Aug. Apple Tours out of Denver is empty so there are some screaming deals if you can get away at the last minute ($178 r/t).

We will be in Playa del Carmen in Nov. as well, so we have been looking around at a lot of equipment to buy as we plan to dive a lot. I must say thanks to all out there for the info I have received so far on my questions on dive computers. You are all very knowledgable and very helpful, and I appreciate it.

If anyone is in Cozumel next week, or the week of Nov 17-24, let's have a cocktail....

Glenn

Denver is a lovely town. I used to live in the Nebraska panhandle, so I'm familiar with the area. I was wondering about those mountain lakes. I've been to a few up around South Dakota and they sure are pretty. It was before I was a scuba diver though, so I wasn't really looking at the water in terms of "I wonder how the vis is?" So, how is the vis? I bet you need a wetsuit up there for sure.
Anyhows, welcome to the board. It's a swell place as you can see.

Hi Zagnut!

From what I have heard the lakes are fairly murky at best. Our experience comes from a, well, murky would be generous, reservoir, where we got our OW certification. Viz was about 4-5 feet. Kinda creepy, but if we can dive in that, we can dive relatively anywhere!

Welcome to great scubaboard. If you don't dive locally, then this is probably as close as you get at times.

Good luck on the local lakes if you try them, and have fun on your upcoming trip.

Now, that is one classy way to get started: Cozumel! And you are going back for HOW MUCH? If I were not all tied up with other stuff, I'd be right next to you on that flight!

Oh yes, let me introduce myself. I am the one whose words you are currently reading. And I come from Northern California, the more conservative part of the the state--but don't say that too loud: the management comes from the other end...

Welcome to this wonderful Board and the really dedicated divers who make it up! And while you are in Cozumel, (I always say this, so you might hear some groans.), try the French Quarter for lunch or dinner. It is a little out of the way, but is owned by an ex-pat American (from Louisiana, of course) and it serves some of the most wonderful food in Coz--Both Cajun and Mexican. We (Barbara and I) love it! And we love Cozumel, too!

Welcome, travelers! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Joewr--just bubbling over.............

Welcome Glenn and Mullai.

I say almost fellow Coloradoans, as I have been made a Texas man now. I am practicing walkin bowleggid and wearin boots.

But I just moved here 5 months ago from Windsor, CO. And I was born in Longmont.

Having never dived in Colorado, but did my share of swimming I would have to agree. Here in texas they think the water is cold under the thermocline. But heck in Colorado it starts out cold, and just gets colder.

I think Lake Dillow would be a cool dive though in a Drysuit.

Anyway welcome aboard!

Syruss
scubadiver@coraladventures.net
http://www.coraladventures.net

(Home of over 205 registered dive buddies just looking to go diving with you!)

Welcome to Divin_in_Denver and wife. Cold water?? What is cold water. Just throw on the old 7 mil suit, booties, hoods, and gloves you want feel a thing.
Well.....at least not after the first 45 min.
You are too numb to feel anything. There is nothing like swimming in 60F water.
Invigorating and all. :cold:
Visability?? Who needs to see anyway?? Hmmmmm.
Just go by feel in works in other dark low vis occasions. :egrin: :bonk: Butch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom