Hello, and greeting from New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBake

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all.

New here and kind of new to scuba diving. A little about myself. I've done a few resort dives and my son has done 2. After the summer of 2012 and a resort dive in Bermuda, my son asked if we can get certified. I really didn't pay him any mind as most kids live for the moment and thought he was just living in the moment. Well the rest of the 2012 summer and the winter months go on, he kept asking me if we can get scuba certified. Was kind of in shock over him asking so much about it. Fast ward to the summer of 2013, the family is planning a vacation to the Cayman Islands. To my surprise, my son (16) comes to me with all the information that's needed to get certified, including cost. So we did our PADI eLearning, did our confine and open water dives in the Cayman Island with Ocean Frontiers and now we both are now PADI OW divers. Planning on doing a few more dives before the summer is over.

J

Congrats on certification and welcome to the exploration of the rest of our planet!

Sounds like you're a local, so if you're into local diving, check out Underwater Adventures in Short Hills. A bunch of the guys from the shop are at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA most weekends, and the shop also runs charters about once a month of the Jersey shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom