Hello All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey there, my name is Shawn and I live in Southern Washington. I just had my first SCUBA experience recently through a Discover SCUBA class. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to getting into an Open Water Certification class so that I can go diving in the ocean.

I am an engineer on a ship based out of Portland and I work 8 days on and 6 days off. So, during those 6 days off I have been trying to figure out how to spend my free time. Hopefully I can make diving/diving related things a regular part of my life.

I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and I just moved to Washington about four months ago... so, needless to say, I am pretty new to the area, and most types of recreation involving the water.

I would be glad to hear any tips/advice for beginning divers.

-Shawn

Welcome. The forum has a regional forum section; it's got a Pacific-Northwest section that covers your area.

'Course, I'd hop a plane & head south to warmer what, but different strokes, different folks.

Richard.

Welcome to SB!

Best advice - don't take us (or yourself) too seriously.

:eyebrow:

Ray

Welcome aboard! And welcome to scuba diving!

Back
Top Bottom